Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Thing #2 for 11.5

I love Wordle! (See my previous post) I think the students could use this after creating a composition to see if they focused on the main idea.

Glogster is definitely something I want to use in my classroom. I like that there is a way to keep a classroom private. I think the students will need to complete some pre-planning/brainstorming or it will take too long. I created one for my Master Teacher program and it was very easy once you learned the tools.

http://aggieteacher.glogster.com/Listserv-project/


Voki was fun. I created a speaking avatar and embedded on this blog. The students could use the "text to speech" feature to send a composition to the teacher. They could listen to the avatar and check their writing to see if that's what they meant to write.

Bookr has lots of possibilities in the classroom. My concern is keeping the students from discovering inapproprate pictures from flickr
.

No comments: