Friday, July 11, 2008

Second Life

My husband says I am an official geek.......I created an avatar in Second Life! And it is a lot skinnier than I am in real life =)

It has been an interesting/exciting experience. When you create an avatar, you begin in the general public area and you can bump into some "creepy" characters. Now that I limit my exploring to education islands, I have had some wonderful experiences. I found an Aggie group that is raising RL (real life) $$$ through a relay walk in SL (Second Life) for the American Cancer Society. I talked with a librarian from the University of Puerto Rico. A teacher from Arizona showed me her "sandbox" where she conducts professional development for her teachers.

The potential is amazing.....the ability to network with other educators and explore sites that you can't go to in RL. (Visited the Alamo and Tech Museum)

Next goal is to find book sharing groups.......

2 comments:

penpen said...

I found your blog! I was cleaning out old emails and clincked on the link.

I'm going to try and venture into the second life site later today. I'll let you know what I come up with.

Lifelong Learner said...

How exciting! I haven't ventured into Second Life yet...but I will eventually. The teachers at Roth are so fortunate to have you as a TL2.