Sunday, June 22, 2008

Web 2.0 Camp Reflections

This camp was one of my favorite classes so far. I knew these web tools existed so it was fun to create using these internet tools while collaborating with other teachers in the district. I liked the format of the class where you worked independently, yet bounced ideas around. At all times we were focused on classroom uses and internet safety. The "digital natives" in our classrooms are so comfortable with these tools that educators need to learn how to integrate their use safely into our curriculum.

The blog is a wonderful tool for sharing technology with other teachers. I also plan to start another blog for my students and parents this coming school year. I will moderate the comments to assure that they are appropriate. I designed a wiki for our PLC this year and we started a wiki for 5th grade science.

Could we still have a good PLC and communicate ideas for science? Yes, a wiki is a tool to make it easier.

1 comment:

Lifelong Learner said...

What an awesome post! Thanks for all of your wonderful ideas. I will be sharing them with the Web 2.0 Council. I will also be "collecting" samples of how these tools are being used during the year with teachers and students. I hope that the more we use these tools, the more tools we will have to use. I look forward to keeping up with your blogs and wikis. Please send me the URLs so that I can see the wonderful things you are doing, Keep blogging!